And before anyone complains about lack of quality control - the policy so far was to collect all the bugs for weeks and then release a new version. The new pace really to me feels like a great improvement as the number of critical bugs despite the huge load of changes is going back quickly and 0.2.6 now really should be immensely playable. At least I hope so. And if I still missed bugs we'll see 0.2.7 in a day or two... in any case that's how I envisioned the original roadmap before getting sidetracked with featuritis ;-)
So here we go with the latest list of improvements:
* Added a new logical sense to the game to enhance the precision of messages.
* Added message when an illegal key sequence is entered. That should help to debug some of the unavailable
key sequences in foreign language keyboard layouts (like issue 347) and might help when using the
* Character names now have a minimum length of two characters to allow for names like "Ed", "Ug", "Og"
* Added information about the current user settings to the error traces in order to simplify debugging.
* Mountains in wilderness encounters no longer are hard to climb.
* Increased the probability of special rooms for dungeons.
* Fixed several bugs related to killing beings and dropping stuff (issues 956, 964, 980).
* Fixed a problem with the generation of certain uniques (issue 957).
* Fixed a problem with scrolls of identify (issue 958).
* Fixed broken monster frequencies - non random monsters suddenly could be encountered randomly (issue 659).
* Shields now identify when being equipped (issue 960).
* Improved the handling of climbing sets - it's no longer necessary to equip a climbing set in order to
be able to traverse mountains (issue 961).
* Adjusted the generic recovery message (issue 962).
* Hitpoint recovery in water has been greatly reduced when not in a seaworthy craft or an aquatic
being (issue 962).
* Adjusted very high nutrition values a bit downwards to prevent being overfed too fast (issue 963).
* Fixed a problem with getting too overfed (issue 966).
* Fixed various problems with the new keybindings (issues 967, 968, 971, 972, 973, 981, 982, 984).
* Fixed a problem with the creation of the startup files (issue 970).
* Fixed an army related bug (issue 975).
* Fixed en endless loop problem related to the 'Detect item status' skill (issue 976).
* Fixed a regression with stair generation in tension rooms (issue 979).
* Fixed the width of the skill window (issue 985).
* Fixed a nasty endless loop with monsters that dynamically grow stronger in relation to the PC.
* Fixed a typo with hill orc chieftains.
* Fixed a null pointer problem when advancing beings without a profession.
* Fixed the missing mapping of '5' to wait in the new ADOM II keybindings.
* Removed some console debugging output.
ADOM II 0.2.6 is available for download here.
Barring major bugs I will decide within the next couple of days between one of the following options (feedback welcome):
- Create 0.2.7 as the first version without JavaWebStart using a standard installation routine.
- Create 0.2.7 with fully workable tinker profession options and pocket picking finally working (and maybe fixing more "old" bugs).
- Start work on 0.3.x including the options above (which means: no new release for two or three weeks).