Currently the following bugs are open:
So I decided to start with something I really don't believe to be easily possible for roguelike games: I started to write automated tests using JUnit 4 and Hamcrest. Sadly after about an hour of test writing (never good as an afterthought, I know) I hadn't found anything. All the problem sources I had suspected weren't problems. All automated tests are running green.
While I already believed the bug to be fixed with getting rid of the "two weapon problem" mentioned in issue 992 other people reported a similar issue when just fighting with one weapon and a shield - so there must be something else I yet have to understand.
So I guess I'm missing something and that "something" IMHO is the problem with test automation in roguelike games: Roguelike games are extremely context intensive. A typical boring situation can be influenced by dozens if not hundreds of circumstantial factors (especially in JADE). I yet have to "get" the right idea on how to write reasonable tests for a roguelike game without reducing my productivity to zero - even in the face of that annoying regression bug up there.
In case my good friend Nils Wloka is reading this - suggestions are welcome (now that we are designing a test DSL for OpenSAGA and making great progress in that respect - I should have believed two years earlier ;-) ).
For now I will focus on issue 988 as shop-related issues usually are easier to reproduce.