I'm happy to start the year with the release of ADOM II 0.3.2. Again it contains a slew of bug fixes and some minor improvements, making it the third ADOM II release in eight days. I'll now return to work on ADOM Classic starting tomorrow but for now I'd like to focus on the latest ADOM II improvements (sadly still no new installer... *sigh*... the endless story).
Regarding ADOM II 0.3.2: Another couple of annoying and serious bugs have been discovered and fixed. Thus here we go with ADOM II 0.3.2. Hopefully this is the final release for the next couple of weeks so that from now on I again can focus on ADOM Classic.
Here's the detailed list of changes:
- Added a new splash screen (thanks to Krys for lightning reflexes!).
- Changed the material attribute position for orcish spears and orcish knives.
- Fixed an initialization problem with clean installs (issue 1362).
- Fixed a serious problem with item material handling (issue 1578).
- Fixed some more typos (issue 1580).
- Refined animation delays (issue 1581) by adding a progressive speedup and providing the new "$ad" configuration command that allows to switch between standard and ultra-fast animation speeds.
- Enemies usually should no longer spawn in sight (issue 1582).
- Fixed a problem with missile targets getting out of sight (issue 1584).
- Fixed a problem with status-less items (issue 1588).
- "w." now only gets disturbed by hostile beings (RFE 1589).
- Fixed a problem with shooting missiles (issue 1590).
- Fixed a surprising number of new problems related to playing hurthlings (issue 1595). These issues also affected various missile weapons and other stuff. Amazing.
- Fixed a problem with item type filters in the item list display.
- Fixed a problem with beings picking up items in shops thus causing the shopkeeper to block the shop entrance for the PC.
- Added a notification for owners of missiles that get destroyed while shooting them.