- JADE 0.2.0 will be the first truly playable version with at least one defined "winner" ending. It also will be complete for the fighting types (e.g. all the melee stuff, skills, etc. will work). And there will be more than enough monsters and items to have fun (although not all item types will be available).
- JADE 0.2.x will be the bugfix branch (with minor storyline extensions and the occasional item or monster) for that.
- JADE 0.3.0 will introduce missile weapons and thrown stuff (also thrown potions). Archers and assassins will be added.
- JADE 0.3.x again is the bugfix branch for that.
- JADE 0.4.0 will introduce arcane magic (wizards and elementalists) and also spread magical knowledge among monsters.
- JADE 0.4.x again is the bugfix branch for that.
- JADE 0.5.0 will introduce divine magic (priests and druids) as well as a pantheon, prayer details, etc. pp.
- JADE 0.5.x again is the bugfix branch for that.
- JADE 0.6.0 will finish with bards and mindcrafters and other stuff I so far forgot.
- JADE 0.6.x again is the bugfix branch for that.
- Afterwards... we might have JADE 1.0.0 with more quests, stories and whatever. Actually I have not yet thought about that.
The timeframe? My realistic guess would be that JADE 0.2.0 definitely will be about in about one or two months (I'm still targetting for September, 18th, but I guess this is extremely unrealistic).
Then I want to have a new major release (0.x+1.0) every one or two months. Sooner is better but there is a life to be lived.
And along the way a couple of other things are going to happen but for now these have to remain a secret. You will be surprised - I think.
All that is naturally subject to change at my whims but currently I am having a great time and a great run ;-) Stay tuned and spread the word: ADOM II is there and it's called JADE. And I will do my very best to make it the damn best roguelike game (and computer roleplaying game) ever!