In ADOM each class gained specific abilities at levels 6, 12, 18, etc. In JADE each profession (what was called a class in ADOM) now also gains specific abilities at certain levels.
In JADE a class gains a professional ability at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, 28, 36, 50, 75 and 100 (way to go, especially considering the fact that you can multi-class ;-) ).
I have just started to add this stuff to the existing professions as it is interesting to do right now and would be tedious to do much later on - so why wait, especially since it adds a nice touch to the current non-magical, non-missile professions.
This morning I added professional abilities to commoners which are:
- double carrying capacity at level 1
- requires 50% less nutrition at level 3
- +3 to perception at level 6
- +3 to toughness at level 10
- the ability to select valuable herbs more effectively at level 15
- the ability to turn corpses into iron rations at level 21
- +6 to strength at level 28
- +6 to willpower at level 36
- suffers only 50% of the effects of corruption at level 50
- gain a +100 hit point bonus at level 75
- gain a +25 PV bonus at level 100