JADE 0.1.5 (or maybe even 0.2.0) - the next release - will be a big feature release (barring any pressing issues in JADE 0.1.4) and probably will take a little longer as I really want it to be heavy on new features, items, monsters and story elements.
Here's the list of things changed in JADE 0.1.4:
* Adjusted the credits.
* Added more internal debugging options.
* Adjusted the walk commands to wait for 100 steps instead of 101 (my index
was of by one).
* Adjusted the description for gold so that it never displays its item status
(which in any case is constantly uncursed).
* Shortened the exception message in the error dialog to a more reasonable
* Added a new dungeon entrance message.
* Added the altar color to the visual description.
* Increased the base speed of shopkeepers (RFE 163).
* Increased the minimum PV adjustment for mithril, adamantium and eternium
so that helmets, boots, etc. show tangible effects.
* Added a safety measure in order to reduce the number of instance PC kills
due to critical hits by monsters.
* Added cursor up / down as new key bindings to be able to scroll through
text dialogs (in addition to '*' and _') as well as (Ctrl/Alt/Meta) cursor
up / down (in addition to '+' and '-') (RFE 395).
* Fixed a problem with constantly changing shop prices.
* Fixed a problem with features (like altars) hiding items and item stacks.
* Fixed a typo in a startup screen message.
* Fixed yet another problem with monsters following you (issue 187).
* Fixed a display bug in the item list (issue 200).
* Fixed the incorrect height of medium and high mountain ranges (issue 211).
* Fixed the ugly disabled "restore game" button (issue 230).
* Fixed the problem of the generating shop inventory items on the shop door
* Fixed more problems with frozen and undying monsters (regression 282, 378,
The problem also could create hangs (issue 318).
* Fixed the problem of passages being counted as doors (regression 289).
* Fixed problems with inappropriate item fit sizes (issue 345).
* Fixed a problem with dropped unpaid items disappearing in shops (issue 346).
* Fixed various crashes related to more key commands being accepted while a
command still was under execution (issue 348).
* Fixed the "attack nearest enemy" command to only attack enemies that one
can see (issue 350).
* Fixed a crash exception when dropping items on altars (issue 351). Improved the
robustness of the overall message code to reduce the effect of this type of
* Fixed a problem in calculating the required number of slots to wield an item
* Fixed the problem of superfluous altar messages (issue 353).
* Fixed a problem that caused 'w>' and 'w<' to magically find previously unknown
shortcuts to the stairways (issue 354).
* Fixed the annoying problem of being attacked with "interesting" weapons which
then don't show up after the attacker has been defeated (issue 357).
* Fixed a major inefficiency in JADE (issue 358). JADE now should be _much_
* Fixed the rather non-random path finding algorithm employed by 'w#', 'w>'
and 'w<' (issue 359).
* Fixed the less than intelligent way in which monsters try to get to you
(especially if surrounded by many other beings, JADE A* now differentiates
various pathfinding modes) (issue 360).
* Fixed a problem with duplicate messages in the Drakalor Chain (issue 361).
* Fixed the problem of being able to drop items on the shop door (issue 362).
* Fixed a problem with rare save file crashes (issue 363).
* Fixed the ogre lord crash (issue 364).
* Fixed the problem of not being able to save skill points - now an arbitrary
number can be saved although you still can only spend them when advancing a
level (issues 218, 368).
* Fixed a problem in internal list handling which caused items to switch into
the "destroyed" state without being physically destroyed in the game
* Fixed a problem with freshly sold items being even more completely identified
in shops than standard stock items (issue 375).
* Fixed a problem with missing connections between dungeon rooms (issue 377).
As a result maps now (IMHO) also look nicer.
* Fixed a crash bug when trying to equip gold (issue 380).
* Fixed a shop message typo (issue 394).
* (Hopefully) fixed various keyboard command issues by completely rewriting the
keyboard hadling code for JADE (issue 396).
* You no longer can move when being overloaded with stuff (issue 402).
* Fixed a problem with monsters not really following you into maze levels
Have fun downloading the game and playing it!