In the past couple of weeks there were a decent amount of requests by folks who either missed the crowd funding campaign or then didn't have any available funds to enter it to get access to the prerelease program for ADOM Classic. Now there is a way...
Please make sure that you read the following text very closely and understand all steps. Entering more people into the prerelease program requires me to do this manually and I'd like to avoid another round of mail- and FB-based "hotline support" as such activities really distract from programming ADOM Classic ;-)
Here are the rules:
- Determine the amount of money you need to donate (see below).
- Donate the money via Paypal to thomas.biskup(at)gmail.com.
- Send an email to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com (and no other address!) containing the headline "Buying into the ADOM prerelease program", your first name, your last name, the email address under which you donated and your current email address.
How much to donate?
This depends on whether you already are a donor to the ADOM crowd funding campaign or not:
- If you donated as either a "Villager" or a "Seeker" (the only two donations levels without prerelease access) you will need to donate $30. In this case you must provide your full name and the email address you used to donate to the campaign.
- If you have not donated to the Indiegogo Crowd Funding campaign you will need to donate $40.
Why so much?
To be honest: I try to be fair to existing donors. I now from a number of conversations during the crowd funding campaign that quite a few people had to save in order to be donate. Making the entry level too cheap would be unfair to them. Thus I decided to differentiate by current donor status. Please don't start any discussions about the fairness of these levels (with me) - it seems fair to me and I won't change the decision as this again would cause problems with people who donate.
What do I get?
Access to all ADOM Classic prerelease versions that we create. Roughly we try to have one new version per week, sometimes it's a couple of days, sometimes two weeks or more (there must be enough interesting stuff to make it worthwhile to release a new version).
Please note that you are not allowed to distribute prerelease versions or give access to third parties.
What happens if I make a mistake?
If it's easy to clean up we'll do that. Otherwise I'm grateful for your donation. Note that I'd prefer to spend my time programming ADOM and not postprocessing donations ;-)