Today I reached the second very important milestone in this week: I have been working on a content branch for many months (greatly delayed due to the broken hand misery at the end of last year and during Q1 of 2017). Finally I finished most of the stuff (the one big open thing being the volcano quest - but even for that the stage has been set). Everything has merged from my private development branch into the main ADOM development branch and now we are very close to the first test release (and then public releases) after a long time.
Below you will find a summary of the most important changes you can expect for the next release. Together with the dozens and dozens of tickets we have worked on besides that content stuff you are going to face the biggest content release ever in the history of ADOM. Never before has so much stuff been added, modified or revised in one single release.
Here we go with the list of changes that I tonight merged into our main branch:
- 82 new items have been added for the next release: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1300#note31808 Thus we easily surpass the crowdfunding goal of 45 by now :-)
- 7 new artifacts have been added: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1301#note31810
- 19 new monsters have been added for a total of 22 instead of the promised 4 during the crowdfunding campaign (and more are to follow): http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1431#note31811
- Disease resistance has been added as a new intrinsic: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4921
- Immunity to disease has been added as a new intrinsic: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4922
- All context menus for item use now work correctly: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4923
- Rechargeable staves have been added as an item category: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4924 This brings items into the game that can be re-used after a certain amount of time has passed offering a plethora of new strategical options and magical effects to play with. 30 such staves have been implemented among the 82 new items mentioned above.
- Truesilver has been added as a new item material: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4929
- Pure items have been added. Items marked with the "pure" flag reduce corruption effects: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4925
- The PC now might learn to levitate: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4926
- Added a new special "swarming" ability for monsters: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4931
- Bugs related to water and ice squares have been fixed: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4927
- Kobolds as a race have specialized a bit more and now can be trap masters: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4932
- Bugs related to earthquakes have been fixed: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4928
- Perion's mithril plate mail finally has been improved: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4348#note31822
- Special characters in some of the donor names for the tome of donors have been fixed: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4930
- 2 new fortune cookies, 4 new ancient dwarf stories and 2 new mad minstrel songs have been added.
- Last but not least the Rolf quest finally has been implemented: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4933 It is a highly involved and very complex quest that probably will only be mastered by a few, but it will provide amazing new insights, features, items, and story lines into ADOM.
All in all about 11.000 lines of code have been written and changed just to handle the features above and the most arduous task - testing all this in-depth - still lies ahead. But we'll get to our cherished prerelease testers very soon with that request :-)
Stay tuned and enjoy the impending release!
Only 32 more artifacts to go :pReplyDelete
So are the antidiluvian orcs and ancient dwarves gonna be part of that Rolf quest? Are we also gonna be seeing new music and art/animations too? This volcanoe quest also sounds quite extensive. Is it gonna have relations to the ice queen? Am I asking too many questions?
I'm definitely looking forward to all this :)
Yes. Eventually. Yes. No... or maybe yes ;-DDelete
The ultimate question is when can we play it? ;)Delete
Yesssss! Finally! So excited!ReplyDelete
Super excited! I wish I could go back in time and tell my 16 year old self what wonders the future holds for his most played game! (And sneak him an MSdos copy of this version ;). He he!)ReplyDelete
Rolf's quest!! Oh my god, this is awesome!ReplyDelete
That sounds preaty cool! Thank you, Thomas! It have been monthes since my last game in ADoM, but you are dragging me back into all that awersome stuff to roam, explore and have fun. In ADoM joy is brought even through death.ReplyDelete
Oh my god. Time to get back into ADOM. Damn it, why do so many things have to compete for my free time!..ReplyDelete
Thrilling news! Thank you for one of my favorite games of all time!ReplyDelete
Any chance for the Lithium Man challenge revisit?ReplyDelete
(playing on Steam client, done it three times already and the challenge did not pop).
Thank you so much for the update, it will be a good opportunity to revisit Drakalor chain