- the revised UI for ADOM Deluxe / Steam (and please remember: you can use Ctrl-nd to switch back to the classic mode and a more condensed mode, too, as well as being able to use F10 to switch between ASCII and various tiled modes at any time): Now all the important statistics hopefully are back and we have added a lot of new interaction means by being able to click (with either right or left mouse button) on various statistic display. Context hints included. Try it out and let us know what you think about this!
- removing various rough edges (e.g. the initial startup message after the first Steam install, some broken achievements, various broken places where the endless message buffer mode recently introduced lead to freezes [although in reality input was expected and the questions weren't displayed correctly]),
- tons of minor graphical and musical improvements.
There are also various minor enhancements (like being able to use the game customization options during exploration mode to allow even more fine-tuning and fun with experimentation). As usual the full change log is available here.
We expect one more release before going public on Steam (R55 will be another close released like this one). R55 will hopefully fix the remaining issues for the Steam release.
In the meantime
- all prerelease testers can get access to R54 via the normal self service access and
- Steam users should receive the update automatically the next time they play.
If you want to become a member of the prerelease tester circle you can do so by following the instructions here. Important: Please note that I can't give you access to the Steam beta versions in this way as this would violate the license agreement with Valve/Steam. I have clarified the text to clearly state that.
I'm also once more sorry for not releasing R53 to the prerelease testers... this was a one-time exception resulting from both our desire to get to Steam ASAP and due to breaking some things in the non-Steam versions that we were unable to fix quickly. This is not going to happen again. We keep learning from our mistakes!
That's it for now. Axes high and game on!