This prerelease is mostly "just" a bugfix release but we are pretty proud of the huge amount of bugs we managed to tackle within just eight days - as can be seen on the change log. Some of the most important fixes include:
- a restored default behavior to the look command with an additional configuration variable 'Look_Auto_Target_Nearest' in order to automatically jump to close monsters,
- fixed overflows in the message buffer for statues which crashed the game,
- problems with summoners unintentionally gaining too much power,
- more adjustments to Thrundarrs quests,
- a revised way of gaining and losing corruptions and
- fatal crashes due to adjustments in the internal monster distribution.
- yet another revision to the way monsters are distributed across levels,
- hopefully restored fun regarding the dwarves halls,
- various monster rarities have been rebalanced in order to get a better overall distribution and
- rivers now are rarer on early levels.
While none of these are spectacular all in all prerelease 22 contains a total of 89 issues have been tackled.
Prerelease 22 again is a closed prerelease but you still can join the closed prerelease tester circle if you want to (just follow the instructions on the linked page).
And now go downloading the latest version of ADOM and have fun playing it! And let us know what you think about it!
Ah! I’ve completely forgotten about ADOM for quite a while.ReplyDelete
Now I’m a bit disoriented. I’m able to access Ancardia with one of my old mail addresses and can access the game however I’m not seeing any newsletter mails since back in 2013-10. Mind helping me change my mail at Ancardia to my new one and tell me how I sign back up for these newsletters again?
Also is there some short summary of all the changes made since you started development again?
Can’t wait to see what these “graph-eecs” are all about.
All the best to my big developer hero.
It appears that the game brakes itself sometimes when one is going downstairs on The Infinite Dungeons. It happened to me twice, with the message: "Computer is not reading adom.exe". It cannot be loaded, the character is gone forever (it was more frequent in the prerelease 21, but we had the opportunity to load the game there). Yet it does not happen when one is playing with the classic ASCII. The only safe solution for now is to save before going to The Infinite Dungeons, switch to ASCII, and switch it back in the wilderness.ReplyDelete
It did never happen to me in the past, so I guess it is the prerelease 22 thing. It could not be an accident because it happens when I am going ">", like in the 21 (where the crash information came from ADOM and where I could load the game).