This prerelease is mostly "just" a bugfix release but we are pretty proud of the huge amount of bugs we managed to tackle within just eight days - as can be seen on the change log. Some of the most important fixes include:
- a restored default behavior to the look command with an additional configuration variable 'Look_Auto_Target_Nearest' in order to automatically jump to close monsters,
- fixed overflows in the message buffer for statues which crashed the game,
- problems with summoners unintentionally gaining too much power,
- more adjustments to Thrundarrs quests,
- a revised way of gaining and losing corruptions and
- fatal crashes due to adjustments in the internal monster distribution.
- yet another revision to the way monsters are distributed across levels,
- hopefully restored fun regarding the dwarves halls,
- various monster rarities have been rebalanced in order to get a better overall distribution and
- rivers now are rarer on early levels.
While none of these are spectacular all in all prerelease 22 contains a total of 89 issues have been tackled.
Prerelease 22 again is a closed prerelease but you still can join the closed prerelease tester circle if you want to (just follow the instructions on the linked page).
And now go downloading the latest version of ADOM and have fun playing it! And let us know what you think about it!