- The most important thing to happen definitely was the release of ADOM II 0.2.3. The release seems to be well received although there are still bugs and problems to be worked out. But that is happening these days and remember, we are still in a very early state.
- Income from advertisements has gone up by another (almost) 11,1%. Still nothing to thrive on but it pays all the site fees, etc. and I am happy about the gradual increase. At this rate it will be another couple of years or so until I can go full-time on ADOM II. Not very realistic but that's a goal to strive for ;-)
- Work on ADOM II 0.2.4 is progressing (as folks following me on Facebook will know). Recent updates include a lot of progress on the King of the Orcs story arc, lots of new monsters and some new sidetracks (e.g. corruptions are fully being added right now). Nonetheless I want to release ADOM II 0.2.4 in about 3 weeks to get close to "release early, release often".
- I have received very cool compositions from Oneiros Dieguez and I am thrilled. Absolutely thrilled. These will be added over time to ADOM II (near time ;-) and they are wonderful. Oneiros is doing an incredible job and now even is starting to tackle situation-specific sounds. No promises there but all this is amazing :-)
- Chris is working very hard on the final designs of the ADOM II design competition and here I now also have final results for the logo, etc. (that I'm gonna post soon) and they absolutely rock (and yes: the @ is back ;-) ).
- Jochen and I have been tinkering with the idea of a Indiegogo campaign for finishing ADOM 1.2.0 (yes, that's ADOM - not ADOM II). Since Kickstarter still is barred for campaigns from Europe this seems to be the second best idea and we are pretty sure that we are going to go this way (curse you, Kickstarter, for your snobbish ways!)
Saturday, March 31, 2012
March in review
After releasing ADOM II 0.2.3 I went into silent mode for a while, so now it's time at least for a summary update of March.