It's the last step before the general public Steam release: If you have bought ADOM on Steam you already now can play the latest release - but you will have to do some extra steps as we still would like to receive some feedback on its stability before releasing it to the general public.
To be able to play ADOM R67 (version 2.2.1) execute the following steps:
- Go to your Steam games library.
- Right-click on the ADOM entry.
- Select the "Betas" tab.
- Select "Beta - public beta test" in the dropdown box.
- Close the dialog.
We'll keep it like this for another 3-4 days and if no major bugs are reported we will release ADOM to the general Steam public.
You can find the list of changes here (all the changes since December, 2015, so all for R65, R66 and R67). If you find any problems please report them here. The major changes are:
- Point-based character generation and generally a much more versatile character generation process
- New dungeons, items and adventures (tome of donors added, etc.)
- Many new graphics
- Fine-tuning to many items and monsters (tougher bosses!)
- Better walk-explore mode (just press "-" to see)
- And lots more. Read the change log :-)
And now enjoy the game - we are eagerly waiting for your feedback!
Thomas & Team ADOM