Sunday, August 28, 2016
Here we go with the latest update on stuff that is happening behind the scenes (and a lot has been happening):
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Currently I am highly interested in feedback concerning three topics in the recently released ADOM R67:
- First of all many people seem to disagree with my vision for point-based character generation (see http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4381). That's ok for me and I am willing to change. The best change (as outlined in the ticket) to me seems to drop the background story generation during point-based character generation and just go with a bigger lump of points. Please leave your views and opinions in that ticket while I am pondering the possible changes.
- Second some people seem to experience performance issues with R67 (which neither nor anyone else in Team ADOM have been seeing; and there was no noticeable feedback from the closed prerelease test either). We are collecting reports here: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4193 So if you are experience a noticeable lag in performance please add your comments to the ticket and provide both details on your hardware (including your monitor) and your way of playing (e.g. full-screen versus windowed; are are you using a wide-screen monitor, etc.). Thanks for your support!
- There has been a report about totally broken stats in Challenge mode (and also constant races - the latter has been fixed although the root cause for it still is weird). The broken stats and broken skill level ups might indicate a much deeper and more frightful memory corruption problem - is anybody else experiencing this? Please discuss in http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4383
Thanks for your help!
Saturday, August 13, 2016
It's the last step before the general public Steam release: If you have bought ADOM on Steam you already now can play the latest release - but you will have to do some extra steps as we still would like to receive some feedback on its stability before releasing it to the general public.
To be able to play ADOM R67 (version 2.2.1) execute the following steps:
- Go to your Steam games library.
- Right-click on the ADOM entry.
- Select the "Betas" tab.
- Select "Beta - public beta test" in the dropdown box.
- Close the dialog.
We'll keep it like this for another 3-4 days and if no major bugs are reported we will release ADOM to the general Steam public.
You can find the list of changes here (all the changes since December, 2015, so all for R65, R66 and R67). If you find any problems please report them here. The major changes are:
- Point-based character generation and generally a much more versatile character generation process
- New dungeons, items and adventures (tome of donors added, etc.)
- Many new graphics
- Fine-tuning to many items and monsters (tougher bosses!)
- Better walk-explore mode (just press "-" to see)
- And lots more. Read the change log :-)
And now enjoy the game - we are eagerly waiting for your feedback!
Thomas & Team ADOM