Yet another puzzle piece towards the Steam release finally is live. Krys has redesigned the ADOM homepage and given it a modern and fresh look which I've totally fallen in love with.
There are probably quite a few kinks left to be worked out and we plan to expand it greatly in the future but for now it should be sufficient to present ADOM in a modern, fresh and vivid manner.
In the future the following additions are planned:
- As soon as we have a new video up for the Steam release it also will be embedded with the play button on the front page.
- We might decide to randomize the player quotes on the website if we receive more good quotes that we can use.
- The new home page will be the foundation for the extended website and the community site we are going to develop after the Steam release. Major features of the community website will include:
- an event Stream displaying events from games played while online (e.g. character creation, deaths, achievements, unlocked, special levels discovered, ...
- shared global high scores
- community statistics (e.g. races & classes played, levels achieved, ...)
Thomas & Team ADOM