The following additions will get added to ADOM over the next weeks to come:
- five community quests (a quest is a mixture of a mission together with a couple of new maps, usually around two to eight new maps)
- six new mini maps (basically special locations consisting of but one map)
And then there are the new special quests:
- the ultimate nihilist ending
- the Rolf quest
- the volcano quest
- a new special boss monster / quest / map system
- the immortalization of the mega legend donors (which will get interwoven with a larger story arc I'm working on)
For the latter I don't seek any input right now. But for the former (the five community quests and the mini maps) I'm highly interested in ideas and feedback. My general design goals for these quests are:
- filling "boring" levelling parts of ADOM
- adding new interesting beginner quests and maps
- providing more in game information about actions that todays usually require external spoilers (at east according to common opinion)
So my basic questions are:
- Which PC level ranges are right now the most boring according to your impression?
- What kind of maps or quests for beginners might be particularly helpful / useful?
- Which kind of tasks and later quests are currently very hard to understand / solve without additional external spoilers?
- Are there any in game story topics / legends that you would like to see covered in more detail?
And naturally the advanced question is: Do you want to see any specific themes or quest types begin covered by the new quests?
I already have a couple of ideas floating around but I would love to get feedback from you!