Now I'm going to do what I announced... that is: take the comments and votes and decide on the next steps. Here we go...
Basically I was personally most woed by three submissions (all the others were great, too, but you have to decide at some point ;-) ):
- I was blown away by the professionalism of Wojciech Mazurs submission. Far above anything I even could think of.
- I was amazed about the logo design of Ravenmore - far more creative than anything I could have imagined. I have to admit that I personally do not design the website submission that much as it seems to take up too much space (for my personal tastes) and is (to me) a bit too bare bones. But that's again tastes.
- I was enamored by the raw emotion of Kalle Kolaris banner design.
Basically I would like to proceed like this:
- Most votes and comments showed similar preferences regarding the top two.
- Many comments on Facebook and in the threads showed a desire to see a mixture of Wojciech and Ravenmores design.
If you'd be willing to cooperate I'd credit you both and consider you both for the future because the combination of completeness and professionalism from Wojciech combined with the highly original and totally appropriate logo design from Ravensmore could yield a perfect match when adjusted appropriately to fit.
For the time being I will use Kalles banner as the new logo of the website - and then we'll see how the website needs to be adjusted. I personally love it a lot but since the majority does see it in forth place that's the most I want to do for now. I'd hope that we come to some result before the release of ADOM II 0.3.0. On that front the new schedule says that in a short while (probably still two weeks or so) ADOM II 0.2.3 will be released to test the enormous load of new features contained in it, then maybe a quick bug fix release 0.2.4 and then close behind 0.3.0 (the main tasks for 0.3.0 will be the missile combat system, complete rebranding, starting ADOM II Deluxe and getting the installer finished, so that's doable in a shorter while than for the transition from 0.2.2 to 0.2.3). SO we have some time to make another stab at a perfect design.
Once again thanks to all the others: Your submissions have been great, too, and each has its merits and strengths... but I have to make some decision. As I'm not known for my exquisite design taste please forgive me for not choosing any other submission - it definitely has nothing to do with the quality or originality of your work!